- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Updated: November 15, 2020
Porter Jr. was arrested Sunday morning on weapons charges.
Statement from the #Cavs regarding Kevin Porter Jr.'s arrest:
“We are aware of the situation involving Kevin Porter Jr. and are in the process of gathering information. We have spoken with Kevin and will continue to address this privately with him as the related process evolves.”
— Kelsey Russo (@kelseyyrusso) November 15, 2020
“Mr. Porter was issued a summons for a petty offense and released,” said Porter Jr.’s attorney Alex Spiro. “We are gathering information and will have further comment at a later point.”
This isn’t the first time that Porter Jr.’s personal conduct has been an issue.
The talented wing fell to the end of the first round of last year’s draft due to questions about his off-court actions.
When Porter Jr. was at the University of Southern California, he missed a large portion of his freshman basketball season due to personal conduct issues.
After a promising rookie campaign, this is a huge concern for Porter Jr. and the Cavs.
The team will need to make sure that he gets his act together if it wants to move forward with him as a key piece on the roster.
Last season, Porter Jr. averaged 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.