- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: Alec Burks Hits Game-Winning Shot to Give Cavs Win Over Chicago Bulls
- Updated: January 27, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers were looking for just their second win in their last 20 games on Sunday versus the Chicago Bulls, and with the game in the balance, shooting guard Alec Burks came up huge in the final moments of the fourth quarter to give his team the win.
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) January 27, 2019
The shot came with just over 17 seconds left in the game. Rodney Hood drove to the basket moments before, but was denied near the rim.
Luckily, Burks was able to grab the loose ball and put up a difficult shot. While the Bulls had an opportunity to reclaim the lead on the other end of the court, the Cavs’ defense stepped up and clamped down on the opposition.
Burks was having a strong night even before scoring the pivotal shot and finished the game with 18 points, eight rebounds, and two assists.
With the victory, the Cavs finally achieve double digit wins on the season with a record of 10-41. On the other side of the court, the Bulls move to 11-39 on the season.
While some fans may be disappointed with the victory, as the win over the Bulls gives the Cavs less of a chance at claiming the first overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, there is no doubt that the win will lift team morale going forward.
This season has been a hard one for Cavs players and fans alike. It’s important to enjoy moments like these and feel proud to root for the Wine and Gold.