- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Former Cavs big man claps back at Donald Trump for wanting to stop the vote
- Updated: November 5, 2020
It’s nervous time throughout the United States, as the final votes in the 2020 presidential election continue to be counted two days after Election Day.
President Donald Trump is leading in several key battleground states, and he has urged those states to stop counting votes in order to help him win re-election.
Former Cleveland Cavaliers big man Kendrick Perkins went on Twitter to remind Trump that America is a democracy where every vote counts.
Hell No!!! It’s the United States Of America where we count EVERY single Vote.
— Kendrick Perkins (@KendrickPerkins) November 5, 2020
Trump’s opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden, is currently leading in the electoral vote count. However, Trump is clinging to slight leads in Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina, while Biden is trying to hold off the president in Arizona and Nevada.
In Georgia and especially Pennsylvania, the votes that are still to be counted are predominantly mail-in votes from heavily Democratic counties, which is expected to bode well for Biden.
Perkins appears to be an advocate for progressive causes. Earlier this year he criticized controversial New York Knicks owner James Dolan for not speaking or issuing a statement regarding the protests that broke out after the murder of George Floyd by police officers.