- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
LeBron James Says Kyrie Irving Could Do Things Anthony Davis, Dwyane Wade Aren’t Capable of
- Updated: August 21, 2020
Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James had some high praise for his current teammate Anthony Davis following the Lakers’ 111-88 blowout of the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday night.
James explained that Davis, who had 31 points on 13-of-21 shooting in the win, can do things that some of his former teammates could not.
“I’ve had the luxury of playing with some great players.”
LeBron discusses playing alongside strong teammates after AD’s 31-point performance in Game 2. pic.twitter.com/4mGk271Rms
— NBA TV (@NBATV) August 21, 2020
“I’ve had some great teammates in my career,” James said. “A.D. is one of those unicorns. And he does things that some of my other great teammates are not capable of doing.
“But in the same sense, I’ve played with Dwyane Wade, and he could do some things that A.D. is not capable of doing.
“And [I] also played with Kyrie Irving. He could do some things that D. Wade and A.D. is not capable of doing. So, I’ve had the luxury of playing with some great players, and that’s just three of them.”
Irving and James won a title together in 2016 when the Cavs came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals.
James has had some great teammates, but it’s clear that Davis, Wade and Irving hold a special place in his career.