- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Richard Jefferson Clowns LeBron James With Savage Comment After He Refers to Himself as King
- Updated: July 2, 2020
Throughout his illustrious basketball career, Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James has, at times, referred to himself as “King James” or simply the “King.”
A superstar athlete giving himself his own nickname isn’t without precedent. Fellow Lakers legend Kobe Bryant nicknamed himself “Black Mamba” in 2006 as part of a rebranding campaign that included changing his jersey number from 8 to 24.
The jab from Jefferson is likely a friendly one. He and James were teammates on the Cavs’ 2016 NBA championship team, and they also played together the following season when Cleveland returned to the NBA Finals.
Early in his career, Jefferson, a University of Arizona product, was a dependable scorer. His New Jersey Nets went to the championship series in each of his first two seasons in the NBA, only to fall to the Lakers and San Antonio Spurs, respectively.
Later on, Jefferson remade himself into a strong 3-point shooter. It was this trait that enticed the Cavs to sign him in the summer of 2015.