- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kevin Love Strongly Endorses J.R. Smith After Seeing Him Dominate Recent Workout
- Updated: June 24, 2020
The big man endorsed his former teammate after seeing a video of him ball out in a recent workout.
Smith, 34, hasn’t played in the NBA since 2018.
The sharpshooter last played for the Cavs during the 2018-19 regular season, though he only participated in 11 games before having an ugly split with the team.
Now, he is a strong candidate to get picked up by the Los Angeles Lakers ahead of the resumption of the 2019-20 season. Love appears to be one of Smith’s largest supporters.
After all, the pair competed together during multiple deep playoff runs. Their greatest accomplishment together came during the 2016 NBA Finals.
Both players played vital roles in the Cavs’ historic comeback victory against the Golden State Warriors, which earned them the 2016 championship.
Over the course of his career, Smith has averages of 12.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.