- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
- Stunning New Nike Ad Parallels Cavs Coming Back in 2016 Finals to World Returning From Pandemic
Latest ESPN Mock Draft Says Cavs Will Select Memphis’ James Wiseman
- Updated: April 9, 2020
While the Cleveland Cavaliers and the rest of the NBA await an update on the status of the season, an updated ESPN mock draft has the Cavaliers choosing University of Memphis center James Wiseman in the upcoming NBA draft.
Wiseman stands 7-foot-1 and during the 2019-20 season with the Tigers, averaged 19.7 points, 10.7 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game.
Numbers like that make the 19-year-old Wiseman a valuable commodity for any team, but especially for the Cavaliers.
That’s because they stand a good chance of losing nine-year veteran Tristan Thompson during the free agency period this offseason.
Wiseman entered Memphis as one of the top recruits in the nation and showed that he could be a presence in the paint by virtue of his shot-blocking ability.
Of course, with no official decision having been made by the NBA regarding the resumption of this season, the possibility of the team’s draft position changing exists.
The Cavaliers remain in the early stages of rebuilding, with the possible addition of Wiseman offering hopes that the team could contend for a playoff berth next season.