- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
Report: Cavs Players Could Be at Serious Risk for Coronavirus
- Updated: March 11, 2020
On Wednesday, the basketball world was stunned when it was announced that the 2019-20 NBA season would be suspended due to the novel coronavirus.
The suspension occurred after Utah Jazz big man Rudy Gobert tested positive for the illness.
That fact puts the Cavs at high risk for infection.
Many people who have been in contact w/ someone who tested positive have been told to isolate themselves for 14 days. Gobert played in 7 games in the last 14 days against Toronto (3/9), Detroit (3/7), Boston (3/6), Knicks (3/4), Cleveland (3/2), Washington (2/28) & Boston (2/26) https://t.co/0PoDviNIU8
— Tisha Thompson (@TishaESPN) March 12, 2020
The Cavs lost to the Jazz, 126-113, on March 2. That means that it is possible that Gobert was already carrying the illness when he played in that game.
Without a doubt, the players who faced Gobert in the last two weeks will ultimately get tested for the disease.
Hopefully, the rest of the players on every NBA team are currently healthy.
However, given the highly contagious nature of the illness, it seems a bit more likely that news of other players contracting the coronavirus will come to light in the next few days.
At the moment, it is unclear how long the current suspension will last.