- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Jayson Tatum Hilariously Claps Back at Kevin Love’s Social Media Post for Collin Sexton
- Updated: March 5, 2020
Collin Sexton’s stock has been rising lately, and it hit a new high on Wednesday against the Boston Celtics.
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-year guard scored a new career-high 41 points on 17-of-30 shooting to go along with six assists.
Kevin Love gave him props on social media afterward, only to have Jayson Tatum clap back.
Sexton’s eruption came just two days after he had scored 32 points against the Utah Jazz, which had also been a new career high. He has now scored in double digits in 33 consecutive games.
Sexton’s 41 points weren’t enough, however, as the Cavs lost to the surging Celtics, 112-106.
Tatum had a great game himself, as he put up 32 points, nine rebounds, six assists and two steals. He may be emerging as the NBA’s newest superstar, as he’s had at least 32 points in five straight games and six of his last seven.
Unfortunately for the Cavs, rookie Kevin Porter Jr. left the game early with a head injury. He had been starting to come alive of late, as he was averaging 13.4 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.3 assists in his previous 10 games.