- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Jayson Tatum Hilariously Claps Back at Kevin Love’s Social Media Post for Collin Sexton
- Updated: March 5, 2020
Collin Sexton’s stock has been rising lately, and it hit a new high on Wednesday against the Boston Celtics.
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-year guard scored a new career-high 41 points on 17-of-30 shooting to go along with six assists.
Kevin Love gave him props on social media afterward, only to have Jayson Tatum clap back.
Sexton’s eruption came just two days after he had scored 32 points against the Utah Jazz, which had also been a new career high. He has now scored in double digits in 33 consecutive games.
Sexton’s 41 points weren’t enough, however, as the Cavs lost to the surging Celtics, 112-106.
Tatum had a great game himself, as he put up 32 points, nine rebounds, six assists and two steals. He may be emerging as the NBA’s newest superstar, as he’s had at least 32 points in five straight games and six of his last seven.
Unfortunately for the Cavs, rookie Kevin Porter Jr. left the game early with a head injury. He had been starting to come alive of late, as he was averaging 13.4 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.3 assists in his previous 10 games.