- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Kevin Love Dedicates Heartwarming Message to Jordan Clarkson After Game vs. Utah Jazz
- Updated: March 2, 2020
Although the Cavs lost, 126-113, the family ties between Clarkson and his old mates are intact, as evidenced by Kevin Love’s social media post after the game.
Clarkson was traded to the Jazz on Dec. 23 for guard Dante Exum and two future second-round draft picks. Clarkson has given the Jazz some much needed pop off the bench since making the move to the Beehive State.
Coming into Monday’s contest, Clarkson was averaging 16.2 points a game while shooting 48.5 percent from the field in 29 games for the Jazz. His new team has won 19 of those games and is currently sitting in fifth place in the Western Conference.
Against the Jazz, the 3-point shot was a huge bone of contention for Cleveland. Although it made 17-of-41 of its 3-point attempts, it allowed the Jazz to shoot 48.8 percent from downtown.
Love did his part to keep the Cavs competitive with 22 points and nine rebounds while making six of his 11 3-point shots. Collin Sexton exploded for a super-efficient career-high of 32 points, but it wasn’t enough for the Cavs, who are now 17-44.