- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
Cavs News: Dante Exum to Miss ‘Extended Period of Time’ With Sprained Ankle
- Updated: February 26, 2020
According to a recent report, the former No. 5 overall pick is expected to miss quite some time as a result of the injury.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 26, 2020
Exum was acquired by the Cavs via trade earlier this season. Since joining the team, he’s averaged 5.6 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game in 24 games.
That being said, he enjoyed his best two-game stretch in the Wine and Gold prior to Monday’s injury.
In last Saturday’s loss to the Heat, Exum recorded 14 points and eight rebounds. In the previous contest, he finished with 10 points.
Unfortunately, it looks like he won’t get the opportunity to build upon those strong outings anytime soon. Depending on the severity of the injury, it’s quite possible that the sprain could keep Exum out for multiple weeks.
When it comes to positive news, the Cavs have won three of their last four games. Though the playoffs are effectively out of the question at this point, they will certainly look to finish the 2019-20 regular season strong.
Hopefully, Exum will be able to return to full health and play a meaningful role in that potentially strong finish.