- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Kevin Porter Jr. Says He and Darius Garland Want to Build ‘Empire’ in Cleveland
- Updated: February 25, 2020
Following Porter Jr.’s career night in Monday’s win over the Miami Heat, he revealed that he and Garland have plans to bring NBA glory back to Cleveland.
“Me and DG, since Day One, we’ve been talking about our chemistry and growing together, building an empire,” Porter said of the pairing.
Porter Jr. led his team to victory on Monday night with 30 points, eight rebounds, three assists and three steals. That being said, Garland was no slouch in the contest.
The 2019 NBA Draft’s No. 5 overall pick recorded 14 points, seven assists, five rebounds and two steals.
Though Garland has had an up-and-down rookie season, he has progressively displayed the shooting and playmaking ability that made him a lottery pick as the season has gone on.
With just under two months left in the season, Cavs fans will surely be looking for signs of promise heading into the third offseason of the team’s current rebuild.
If Garland and Porter Jr. can continue to improve, the thought of a basketball empire in Cleveland might start to seem more like a reality.