- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
- Kyrie Irving Shares Hilarious Story of Kobe Bryant Defending Him: ‘He Punched That S— Bro’
Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Updated: February 19, 2020
However, the veteran coach will stick with the organization in a different role.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 19, 2020
#Cavs John Beilein’s new role within organization has not been clearly defined yet, sources tell @clevelanddotcom. How long he remains in that new role also hasn’t been determined. But sources say a big part will be during the draft process, taking advantage of his connections
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 19, 2020
Beilein, 67, finished his first season as an NBA head coach with a horrendous 14-40 record.
The decorated college general left the University of Michigan to join the Cavs last summer.
While there was optimism Beilein would be able to bring development to the young Cavs, the head coach was never able to fully connect with the team.
He struggled establishing relationships with veterans and used troubling language during team gatherings during the season. The Cavs quickly realized Beliein wasn’t the man for the ambitious rebuild.
Replacing the beloved college coach will be J.B. Bickerstaff, who has more NBA head coaching experience than Beilein.
The Cavs take on the Washington Wizards on Friday night.