- Larry Nance Jr. Explains Why Kobe Bryant’s Final Game More Meaningful to Him Than Cavs Championship
- Former Cavs Guard Says There’s ‘No Way’ LeBron James Eating Airplane Food Served in NBA’s Bubble
- Report: NBA Scout Explains Why 2nd NBA Bubble Is Crucial for Cavs’ Future
- Kevin Love Explains How Changing His Uniform During Halftime Helps Him Deal With Anxiety
- Kendrick Perkins Urges Pacers to Sign Former Cavs Guard to Replace Victor Oladipo
- Oddsmakers Predict Surprising NCAA Route for Bronny James
- Ultra-Rare LeBron James Rookie Card Expected to Sell for More Than $2 Million
- Report: Cavs Player Says He ‘Probably Won’t Play’ If NBA Creates 2nd Bubble
- Richard Jefferson Clowns LeBron James With Savage Comment After He Refers to Himself as King
- Report: Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have Found Their Way Back to One Another
Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Updated: February 19, 2020
However, the veteran coach will stick with the organization in a different role.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 19, 2020
#Cavs John Beilein’s new role within organization has not been clearly defined yet, sources tell @clevelanddotcom. How long he remains in that new role also hasn’t been determined. But sources say a big part will be during the draft process, taking advantage of his connections
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 19, 2020
Beilein, 67, finished his first season as an NBA head coach with a horrendous 14-40 record.
The decorated college general left the University of Michigan to join the Cavs last summer.
While there was optimism Beilein would be able to bring development to the young Cavs, the head coach was never able to fully connect with the team.
He struggled establishing relationships with veterans and used troubling language during team gatherings during the season. The Cavs quickly realized Beliein wasn’t the man for the ambitious rebuild.
Replacing the beloved college coach will be J.B. Bickerstaff, who has more NBA head coaching experience than Beilein.
The Cavs take on the Washington Wizards on Friday night.