- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Updated: February 19, 2020
However, the veteran coach will stick with the organization in a different role.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 19, 2020
#Cavs John Beilein’s new role within organization has not been clearly defined yet, sources tell @clevelanddotcom. How long he remains in that new role also hasn’t been determined. But sources say a big part will be during the draft process, taking advantage of his connections
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 19, 2020
Beilein, 67, finished his first season as an NBA head coach with a horrendous 14-40 record.
The decorated college general left the University of Michigan to join the Cavs last summer.
While there was optimism Beilein would be able to bring development to the young Cavs, the head coach was never able to fully connect with the team.
He struggled establishing relationships with veterans and used troubling language during team gatherings during the season. The Cavs quickly realized Beliein wasn’t the man for the ambitious rebuild.
Replacing the beloved college coach will be J.B. Bickerstaff, who has more NBA head coaching experience than Beilein.
The Cavs take on the Washington Wizards on Friday night.