- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Clippers Inquiring About Cavs Big Man Kevin Love
- Updated: February 4, 2020
According to Chris Mannix of SI.com, the Los Angeles Clippers have reportedly inquired about the former All-Star.
“The Clippers have kicked the tires on Kevin Love and could grab disgruntled Kings center Dewayne Dedmon, but neither are preferred options,” Mannix wrote.
Given a recent report that the trade market for Love was stagnant, this development is at least somewhat encouraging.
It’s unclear what the Clippers would part ways with to acquire Love, but there’s no doubt that he could help their title hopes this season.
Despite carrying a reputation of being injury prone, Love has played in 44 of the Cavs’ 51 total games this season. In those games, he’s averaged 17.8 points, 9.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game.
The report that the Clippers are sniffing around Love is interesting, but it’s certainly not a clear indication that he will get moved prior to Thursday’s deadline.
In the end, time may simply run out for any deal involving Love and he’ll end up playing at least the remainder of the 2019-20 campaign out in Cleveland.