- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- John Beilein Gushes Over ‘Tremendous Growth’ From This Season’s Cavs
- Cavs Veterans Offer Incredible Praise for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland
Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Updated: December 12, 2019
Porter scored a season-high 24 points, leading the team in scoring against the James Harden-powered Rockets.
Thompson was so impressed with Porter that he reminded the media what he had always thought of the rookie guard.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) December 12, 2019
Porter has been rather inconsistent, averaging a mere 7.7 points in 21.3 minutes of playing time per game this season. But he had previously shown flashes of brilliance, and against the Rockets last night, Porter played like a seasoned veteran.
He made 9-of-15 shots from the field including 6-of-9 from 3-point range. He also added two rebounds, three assists and three steals coming off the Cavs bench.
Had it not been for Harden’s 55-point explosion, the story of the game would have gone to Porter, who gave the Quicken Loans Arena crowd plenty to cheer about despite the Cavs’ eighth straight loss.