- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Updated: January 14, 2020
On Monday night, the Los Angeles Lakers hosted the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Late in the second quarter, Thompson enjoyed a highlight-reel play at James’ expense.
The Cavs got off to a strong start and led by as many as 14 points early in the second quarter. The Lakers looked listless early on, but they managed to cut Cleveland’s lead to one point at halftime.
They then blitzed the Cavs 81-51 in the second half.
Thompson, who’s having a career season, posted 17 points on 8-of-11 shooting from the field in the contest. He added 10 rebounds to the stat sheet as well.
James, however, got the last laugh with 31 points and eight assists in the game.
The Cavs were coming off back-to-back victories, including a 111-103 triumph over the Denver Nuggets. In that game, Cleveland’s backcourt was impressive, as Collin Sexton scored 25 points and Darius Garland notched eight assists and just two turnovers.
Of course, James, Thompson and Love teamed up to lead the Cavs to four straight NBA Finals appearances, including the franchise’s first and only NBA championship in 2016.