- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Philadelphia 76ers Have ‘High Interest’ in Jordan Clarkson
- Updated: December 5, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers could be parting ways with some of their veteran players as the February trade deadline approaches.
“On the trade front, the Cavs have not taken part in any serious discussions,” Amico wrote. “That is highly likely to change as the trade deadline nears in February. Opposing teams are expected to make serious runs at Tristan Thompson and Jordan Clarkson, both players with expiring contracts. Toronto is said to have a high interest in Thompson, Philadelphia in Clarkson.”
A pairing of Clarkson and the 76ers would make a lot of sense. So far this season, Clarkson is averaging 14.0 points per game on 40.4 percent shooting from the field and 40.8 percent from deep.
While the Sixers are thought to be serious title contenders thanks to the likes of Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, they have a major weakness when it comes to shooting from beyond the arc.
Clarkson could likely slide into the rotation with ease and offer a deep threat while also spreading the floor.
If any deal for Clarkson does occur, it is likely that it would be in exchange for future draft picks.