- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- John Beilein Gushes Over ‘Tremendous Growth’ From This Season’s Cavs
- Cavs Veterans Offer Incredible Praise for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland
Kevin Love Gushes About Darius Garland: ‘He Has a Chance to Be a Really Great Playmaker’
- Updated: October 28, 2019
Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Darius Garland has already shown flashes of the talent that made him the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. As it turns out, his veteran teammates are already taking notice.
“He has a chance to be a really great playmaker in this league,” said Cavaliers All-Star forward Kevin Love. “He can shoot it, gets into the lane, plays at a great pace and passes the ball when pressured. His quiet confidence will help him grow in this league.”
Through his first two games in the NBA, Garland is averaging 10.0 points and 4.5 assists per game. He will of course look to improve upon those numbers as the season progresses, but he certainly looks comfortable at the NBA level.
As for Love, he enjoyed a major bounce-back performance against the Pacers. After recording 11 points and 18 rebounds in the first game of the season, Love dropped 21 points and added 13 rebounds and nine assists in a near triple-double performance against the Pacers.
If Love can keep performing at that level and Garland can continue to grow and improve on the fly, the Cavs will have a chance to improve quite a bit in their second season of the post-LeBron James era.