- Video: Isaac Okoro surprises his parents with brand new Range Rover moments after getting drafted
- Cavs players react in jubilation to first-round pick of Isaac Okoro
- Report: Cavs could be landing spot for Celtics forward Gordon Hayward
- Report: Cavs and Knicks discussing trade ahead of NBA draft
- Police release terrifying photographs from site of Kevin Porter Jr.’s car crash
- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
Kevin Love Gushes About Darius Garland: ‘He Has a Chance to Be a Really Great Playmaker’
- Updated: October 28, 2019
Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Darius Garland has already shown flashes of the talent that made him the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. As it turns out, his veteran teammates are already taking notice.
“He has a chance to be a really great playmaker in this league,” said Cavaliers All-Star forward Kevin Love. “He can shoot it, gets into the lane, plays at a great pace and passes the ball when pressured. His quiet confidence will help him grow in this league.”
Through his first two games in the NBA, Garland is averaging 10.0 points and 4.5 assists per game. He will of course look to improve upon those numbers as the season progresses, but he certainly looks comfortable at the NBA level.
As for Love, he enjoyed a major bounce-back performance against the Pacers. After recording 11 points and 18 rebounds in the first game of the season, Love dropped 21 points and added 13 rebounds and nine assists in a near triple-double performance against the Pacers.
If Love can keep performing at that level and Garland can continue to grow and improve on the fly, the Cavs will have a chance to improve quite a bit in their second season of the post-LeBron James era.