- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
Kevin Love Gushes About Darius Garland: ‘He Has a Chance to Be a Really Great Playmaker’
- Updated: October 28, 2019
Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Darius Garland has already shown flashes of the talent that made him the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. As it turns out, his veteran teammates are already taking notice.
“He has a chance to be a really great playmaker in this league,” said Cavaliers All-Star forward Kevin Love. “He can shoot it, gets into the lane, plays at a great pace and passes the ball when pressured. His quiet confidence will help him grow in this league.”
Through his first two games in the NBA, Garland is averaging 10.0 points and 4.5 assists per game. He will of course look to improve upon those numbers as the season progresses, but he certainly looks comfortable at the NBA level.
As for Love, he enjoyed a major bounce-back performance against the Pacers. After recording 11 points and 18 rebounds in the first game of the season, Love dropped 21 points and added 13 rebounds and nine assists in a near triple-double performance against the Pacers.
If Love can keep performing at that level and Garland can continue to grow and improve on the fly, the Cavs will have a chance to improve quite a bit in their second season of the post-LeBron James era.