- Cavs Big Man Jordan Bell Reflects on Painful Series of Trades: ‘I Wanted to Fight Somebody’
- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
Kevin Love Gushes About Darius Garland: ‘He Has a Chance to Be a Really Great Playmaker’
- Updated: October 28, 2019
Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Darius Garland has already shown flashes of the talent that made him the No. 5 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. As it turns out, his veteran teammates are already taking notice.
“He has a chance to be a really great playmaker in this league,” said Cavaliers All-Star forward Kevin Love. “He can shoot it, gets into the lane, plays at a great pace and passes the ball when pressured. His quiet confidence will help him grow in this league.”
Through his first two games in the NBA, Garland is averaging 10.0 points and 4.5 assists per game. He will of course look to improve upon those numbers as the season progresses, but he certainly looks comfortable at the NBA level.
As for Love, he enjoyed a major bounce-back performance against the Pacers. After recording 11 points and 18 rebounds in the first game of the season, Love dropped 21 points and added 13 rebounds and nine assists in a near triple-double performance against the Pacers.
If Love can keep performing at that level and Garland can continue to grow and improve on the fly, the Cavs will have a chance to improve quite a bit in their second season of the post-LeBron James era.