- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- John Beilein Gushes Over ‘Tremendous Growth’ From This Season’s Cavs
- Cavs Veterans Offer Incredible Praise for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland
Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Updated: October 14, 2019
Jayson Tatum will be missing the Boston Celtics’ matchup against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday.
Jayson Tatum (ill) did not practice and won't make the trip to Cleveland. He probably wouldn't have played much anyway tomorrow night. Stevens says guys who haven't played as much will get a chance… Sounds like it's going to be a bullpen game.
— Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) October 14, 2019
This will be the last preseason game for the Celtics, who have roared off three consecutive victories heading into their second consecutive game against the Cavs in Cleveland. Despite losing Tatum to an illness, Boston appears to be in good shape after the Celtics demolished the Cavs on Sunday, with a 118-72 victory.
By skipping the Celtics’ last exhibition game, Tatum finished the preseason with averages of 13.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per game in only 21.2 minutes of playing time.
Without the Celtics’ best player, coach John Beilein will have to ensure that his team gives a better performance in front of the Cavs’ hometown fans.