- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
Kevin Love Tells Instagram Hater That Cavs ‘Wouldn’t Have a Ring’ Without J.R. Smith
- Updated: July 18, 2019
On Wednesday, his former teammate Kevin Love posted to Instagram to show off his version of FaceApp’s old age feature.
In the post’s comments section, Smith couldn’t help but comment on Love’s hilarious shirt. That response prompted an internet troll to lash out at Smith for his miscue in Game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals.
It didn’t take long for Love to cover his former teammate’s back.
There is no doubt that the blunder Smith committed at the end of Game 1 back in that series is seared into the mind of Cavs fans everywhere.
There is also no doubt that Smith played a pivotal role in the historic 3-1 comeback the Cavs completed in the 2016 NBA Finals.
Keeping those facts in mind, it is a valid to say that the Cavs would not have been able to mount the incredible series comeback without Smith’s contributions on the court.
Either way, it’s clear that Love and Smith have nothing but love for one another. In the end, that’s all that really matters.