- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Kevin Love Tells Instagram Hater That Cavs ‘Wouldn’t Have a Ring’ Without J.R. Smith
- Updated: July 18, 2019
On Wednesday, his former teammate Kevin Love posted to Instagram to show off his version of FaceApp’s old age feature.
In the post’s comments section, Smith couldn’t help but comment on Love’s hilarious shirt. That response prompted an internet troll to lash out at Smith for his miscue in Game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals.
It didn’t take long for Love to cover his former teammate’s back.
There is no doubt that the blunder Smith committed at the end of Game 1 back in that series is seared into the mind of Cavs fans everywhere.
There is also no doubt that Smith played a pivotal role in the historic 3-1 comeback the Cavs completed in the 2016 NBA Finals.
Keeping those facts in mind, it is a valid to say that the Cavs would not have been able to mount the incredible series comeback without Smith’s contributions on the court.
Either way, it’s clear that Love and Smith have nothing but love for one another. In the end, that’s all that really matters.