- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Updated: June 24, 2019
NBA players are some of the most dedicated athletes when it comes to fitness and diet, but with the 2018-19 season finally over, many of them can afford to cheat on their strict health programs once in a while.
Fellow NBA stars LeBron James and Chris Paul showed their full support of Love’s cheat day by commenting on the 251-pound forward’s indulgent post.
What’s especially funny about Love’s post is his hashtag #bringbackfatkevin, which is a throwback to his heavier playing weight in college and during his first few years in the league with the Minnesota Timberwolves. He weighed in at 270 pounds back then, but later trimmed a lot of the excess baggage to be able to compete better defensively.
Of course, it’s doubtful that Love would consider going back to his heftier self particularly now that mobile big men are in demand. He’s already 30 years old and his knees likely can’t carry that much mass any longer.
Even so, Love can afford to spoil himself a little bit with the 2019-20 season still a few months away. Surely, that indulgence feels even better when you’ve got your friends’ support.