- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Updated: June 24, 2019
NBA players are some of the most dedicated athletes when it comes to fitness and diet, but with the 2018-19 season finally over, many of them can afford to cheat on their strict health programs once in a while.
Fellow NBA stars LeBron James and Chris Paul showed their full support of Love’s cheat day by commenting on the 251-pound forward’s indulgent post.
What’s especially funny about Love’s post is his hashtag #bringbackfatkevin, which is a throwback to his heavier playing weight in college and during his first few years in the league with the Minnesota Timberwolves. He weighed in at 270 pounds back then, but later trimmed a lot of the excess baggage to be able to compete better defensively.
Of course, it’s doubtful that Love would consider going back to his heftier self particularly now that mobile big men are in demand. He’s already 30 years old and his knees likely can’t carry that much mass any longer.
Even so, Love can afford to spoil himself a little bit with the 2019-20 season still a few months away. Surely, that indulgence feels even better when you’ve got your friends’ support.