- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Updated: June 24, 2019
NBA players are some of the most dedicated athletes when it comes to fitness and diet, but with the 2018-19 season finally over, many of them can afford to cheat on their strict health programs once in a while.
Fellow NBA stars LeBron James and Chris Paul showed their full support of Love’s cheat day by commenting on the 251-pound forward’s indulgent post.
What’s especially funny about Love’s post is his hashtag #bringbackfatkevin, which is a throwback to his heavier playing weight in college and during his first few years in the league with the Minnesota Timberwolves. He weighed in at 270 pounds back then, but later trimmed a lot of the excess baggage to be able to compete better defensively.
Of course, it’s doubtful that Love would consider going back to his heftier self particularly now that mobile big men are in demand. He’s already 30 years old and his knees likely can’t carry that much mass any longer.
Even so, Love can afford to spoil himself a little bit with the 2019-20 season still a few months away. Surely, that indulgence feels even better when you’ve got your friends’ support.