- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Updated: June 24, 2019
On Monday, it was revealed that Garland currently has the fourth best odds to win the Rookie of the Year award at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Unsurprisingly, the only three players with better odds than Garland include the top three picks in the draft.
While experts considered the 2019 draft class to be a three-prospect draft, Garland ultimately has convinced many that the class actually has four players with elite potential.
Despite that, the Atlanta Hawks, who traded for the No. 4 pick, decided to select De’Andre Hunter, allowing the Cavs to luck out with Garland still on the board.
It will be fascinating to see how Garland’s game translates to the pro level starting out. It will also be interesting to see if he and Collin Sexton are able to compliment one another, or if they will end up competing for who will be the primary ball handler in the offense.
Whatever happens, it seems clear that those in the know expect great things from Garland. That should be music to the ears of Cavs fans everywhere.