- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Updated: June 24, 2019
On Monday, it was revealed that Garland currently has the fourth best odds to win the Rookie of the Year award at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Unsurprisingly, the only three players with better odds than Garland include the top three picks in the draft.
While experts considered the 2019 draft class to be a three-prospect draft, Garland ultimately has convinced many that the class actually has four players with elite potential.
Despite that, the Atlanta Hawks, who traded for the No. 4 pick, decided to select De’Andre Hunter, allowing the Cavs to luck out with Garland still on the board.
It will be fascinating to see how Garland’s game translates to the pro level starting out. It will also be interesting to see if he and Collin Sexton are able to compliment one another, or if they will end up competing for who will be the primary ball handler in the offense.
Whatever happens, it seems clear that those in the know expect great things from Garland. That should be music to the ears of Cavs fans everywhere.