- Damon Jones Defends Cavs After Stephen A. Smith Says Kyrie Irving Was ‘Done Dirty in Cleveland’
- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Updated: June 24, 2019
On Monday, it was revealed that Garland currently has the fourth best odds to win the Rookie of the Year award at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Unsurprisingly, the only three players with better odds than Garland include the top three picks in the draft.
While experts considered the 2019 draft class to be a three-prospect draft, Garland ultimately has convinced many that the class actually has four players with elite potential.
Despite that, the Atlanta Hawks, who traded for the No. 4 pick, decided to select De’Andre Hunter, allowing the Cavs to luck out with Garland still on the board.
It will be fascinating to see how Garland’s game translates to the pro level starting out. It will also be interesting to see if he and Collin Sexton are able to compliment one another, or if they will end up competing for who will be the primary ball handler in the offense.
Whatever happens, it seems clear that those in the know expect great things from Garland. That should be music to the ears of Cavs fans everywhere.