- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
- Darius Garland Details How ‘Camaraderie Is Building Already’ Between Him and Collin Sexton
Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Updated: June 24, 2019
On Monday, it was revealed that Garland currently has the fourth best odds to win the Rookie of the Year award at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Unsurprisingly, the only three players with better odds than Garland include the top three picks in the draft.
While experts considered the 2019 draft class to be a three-prospect draft, Garland ultimately has convinced many that the class actually has four players with elite potential.
Despite that, the Atlanta Hawks, who traded for the No. 4 pick, decided to select De’Andre Hunter, allowing the Cavs to luck out with Garland still on the board.
It will be fascinating to see how Garland’s game translates to the pro level starting out. It will also be interesting to see if he and Collin Sexton are able to compliment one another, or if they will end up competing for who will be the primary ball handler in the offense.
Whatever happens, it seems clear that those in the know expect great things from Garland. That should be music to the ears of Cavs fans everywhere.