- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Updated: June 24, 2019
On Monday, it was revealed that Garland currently has the fourth best odds to win the Rookie of the Year award at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Unsurprisingly, the only three players with better odds than Garland include the top three picks in the draft.
While experts considered the 2019 draft class to be a three-prospect draft, Garland ultimately has convinced many that the class actually has four players with elite potential.
Despite that, the Atlanta Hawks, who traded for the No. 4 pick, decided to select De’Andre Hunter, allowing the Cavs to luck out with Garland still on the board.
It will be fascinating to see how Garland’s game translates to the pro level starting out. It will also be interesting to see if he and Collin Sexton are able to compliment one another, or if they will end up competing for who will be the primary ball handler in the offense.
Whatever happens, it seems clear that those in the know expect great things from Garland. That should be music to the ears of Cavs fans everywhere.