- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
J.R. Smith’s Wife’s Hilarious Reaction to Him Getting Suspended for Throwing Soup at Coach
- Updated: March 2, 2018
Cleveland Cavaliers shooting guard J.R. Smith was at the center of NBA news this Friday after it was revealed why he had been suspended for Thursday’s game. According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin, Smith was suspended for throwing soup at Cavs assistant coach Damon Jones.
Hours after the cause of his suspension was revealed, Smith’s wife, Jewel Harris, expressed her opinion on incident.
Me: "J.R. Smith was suspended for throwing soup at his coach."
Wife: "… During a game? Like, on the bench?"
— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) March 3, 2018
Luckily for both her and her husband, the veteran shooting guard will be back in the lineup for the Cavs’ next game on Saturday night.
In terms of behind-the-scenes drama in the NBA, this incident may top the list when it comes to most hilarious in recent memory. It only seems fitting that his wife’s response would be equally as hysterical.