- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs to Work Out Forward De’Andre Hunter Next Week
- Updated: June 14, 2019
The 2019 NBA Draft is nearly upon us, and the Cleveland Cavaliers are making sure to use the time they have left wisely.
According to a Friday report, the Cavs are expected to bring in University of Virginia product De’Andre Hunter for a workout.
“In the final days before the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers will bring Virginia’s 6-foot-7 forward De’Andre Hunter to town for a workout and interview, sources told cleveland.com,” Chris Fedor wrote.
“The specific day and time has not yet been finalized, but it is likely to take place either Monday or Tuesday. Hunter’s schedule combined with Cleveland’s will be the determining factor. The draft is Thursday, June 20, and the timing could allow Hunter to make a final impression.”
Hunter was a sophomore on the Cavaliers squad that won the 2019 NCAA tournament.
In the 2018-19 season, Hunter averaged 15.2 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game. The 6-foot-7 forward shot an impressive 52.0 percent from the field and 43.8 percent from beyond the arc.
He’s also known as a strong defender, something the Cavs could certainly benefit from.
There have been rumors that the Los Angeles Lakers, who currently possess the No. 4 overall pick may be interested in drafting Hunter. However, recent reports seem to indicate that the Lakers are attempting to package that pick with a trade to the New Orleans Pelicans for All-Star big man Anthony Davis.
Given the fact that the Pelicans are expected to draft forward Zion Williamson with the No. 1 overall pick, Hunter could very well end up being available for the Cavs to select with the No. 5 pick.
At the moment, it’s hard to know what is going to happen once the draft finally arrives. By bringing Hunter in for a workout, it seems clear that the Cavs are committed to being as prepared as possible once draft night finally arrives.