- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Kevin Love Responds to Steph Curry Saying He Could’ve ‘Easily’ Went Around Him in Game 7
- Updated: June 4, 2019
However, Curry’s belief that he easily could have gotten past Love brought a dry response from Love himself.
The play in question came in the final minute of Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals and just after Kyrie Irving hit what would be a game-winning 3-pointer for the Cavaliers. Curry’s desperate attempt to get away from Love’s tenacious defense resulted in a 3-point attempt that failed miserably.
Prior to that play, Love’s defensive skills had been a regular source of criticism. However, at the Cavs’ championship celebration three days after winning the title, then-Cavaliers general manager David Griffin dubbed the play simply as the “Stop.”
The championship was the first in Cavaliers history and marked a historic comeback by the team. They became the first team ever in league history to bounce back from a 3-1 deficit in the finals.
Following that championship, the two teams met in each of the next two finals, with Golden State winning both times. The departure of LeBron James in free agency last year ended the Cavaliers’ string of conference championships. In contrast, the Warriors are in their fifth straight finals and are currently deadlocked at one game apiece against the Toronto Raptors.