- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Updated: May 14, 2019
Cleveland Cavaliers fans are of course hoping to win the No. 1 overall draft pick in tonight’s NBA Draft Lottery. During ESPN’s rehearsal ahead of tonight’s lottery broadcast, however, the Cavs ended up landing the No. 4 overall pick in the draft.
FWIW – just caught the ESPN rehearsal for tonight’s NBA draft lottery. Rachel Nichols and Mark Tatum announced Phx as the winner. Hopefully this isn’t a sign of what’s to come.
5. Knicks pic.twitter.com/kNHB5FpkR2
— Jon Fox, NBA (@NewLookKnicks) May 14, 2019
As the tweet indicates, this is simply a rehearsal for the broadcast that will take place later this evening, but there is also no indication that this is not how the balls will bounce during the real thing.
If the Cavs do end up with the fourth overall pick, it would be a devastating end to what was a tough 2018-19 season.
While there is talent after the presumed top three picks, those players are seen as far less promising prospects compared to the top three talents in the draft which is made up of Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, and R.J. Barrett.
Hopefully this rehearsal is not an indication of what is to come for the Cavs this evening. If it is, the 2019-20 season may not be all the different from the one Cavs fans just endured.