- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
- Darius Garland Details How ‘Camaraderie Is Building Already’ Between Him and Collin Sexton
Rival NBA Executive Raves About Cavs’ Recent Hire of John Beilein
- Updated: May 13, 2019
The reactions to the hire have been predominately positive, with one rival NBA general manager raving about the move.
“Love the hire,” one rival NBA executive told Chris Fedor Cleveland.com. “For a team that is going to be player-development driven, with a young, exciting point guard, Koby Altman may have just knocked this hire out of the park.”
This is wonderful to hear from another NBA front office member who has no reason to lie about his opinion on the matter.
It seems that while the Cavs were initially targeting current assistant coaches in the NBA, they found someone with a bit more experience leading a team to be more attractive of an option.
Now, Beilein will look to utilize his fantastic skills as a developer of talent to turn a rebuilding young team into a contender.
Tomorrow’s NBA Draft Lottery will shed light on just how long that rebuild will take.