- Kevin Love Strongly Endorses J.R. Smith After Seeing Him Dominate Recent Workout
- Report: J.R. Smith Has Emerged as Leading Candidate to Replace Avery Bradley on Lakers Roster
- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
Rival NBA Executive Raves About Cavs’ Recent Hire of John Beilein
- Updated: May 13, 2019
The reactions to the hire have been predominately positive, with one rival NBA general manager raving about the move.
“Love the hire,” one rival NBA executive told Chris Fedor Cleveland.com. “For a team that is going to be player-development driven, with a young, exciting point guard, Koby Altman may have just knocked this hire out of the park.”
This is wonderful to hear from another NBA front office member who has no reason to lie about his opinion on the matter.
It seems that while the Cavs were initially targeting current assistant coaches in the NBA, they found someone with a bit more experience leading a team to be more attractive of an option.
Now, Beilein will look to utilize his fantastic skills as a developer of talent to turn a rebuilding young team into a contender.
Tomorrow’s NBA Draft Lottery will shed light on just how long that rebuild will take.