- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Rival NBA Executive Raves About Cavs’ Recent Hire of John Beilein
- Updated: May 13, 2019
The reactions to the hire have been predominately positive, with one rival NBA general manager raving about the move.
“Love the hire,” one rival NBA executive told Chris Fedor Cleveland.com. “For a team that is going to be player-development driven, with a young, exciting point guard, Koby Altman may have just knocked this hire out of the park.”
This is wonderful to hear from another NBA front office member who has no reason to lie about his opinion on the matter.
It seems that while the Cavs were initially targeting current assistant coaches in the NBA, they found someone with a bit more experience leading a team to be more attractive of an option.
Now, Beilein will look to utilize his fantastic skills as a developer of talent to turn a rebuilding young team into a contender.
Tomorrow’s NBA Draft Lottery will shed light on just how long that rebuild will take.