- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Rival NBA Executive Raves About Cavs’ Recent Hire of John Beilein
- Updated: May 13, 2019
The reactions to the hire have been predominately positive, with one rival NBA general manager raving about the move.
“Love the hire,” one rival NBA executive told Chris Fedor Cleveland.com. “For a team that is going to be player-development driven, with a young, exciting point guard, Koby Altman may have just knocked this hire out of the park.”
This is wonderful to hear from another NBA front office member who has no reason to lie about his opinion on the matter.
It seems that while the Cavs were initially targeting current assistant coaches in the NBA, they found someone with a bit more experience leading a team to be more attractive of an option.
Now, Beilein will look to utilize his fantastic skills as a developer of talent to turn a rebuilding young team into a contender.
Tomorrow’s NBA Draft Lottery will shed light on just how long that rebuild will take.