- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Report: Tyronn Lue ‘Frontrunner’ to Land Lakers Head Coaching Job
- Updated: April 12, 2019
Ty Lue is a strong frontrunner for the Lakers coaching job, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 12, 2019
To those who are familiar with how Lakers star LeBron James operates, this report comes as little surprise.
For the better part of the 2018-19 season, it was assumed that Walton would eventually lose his job. Once Lue was let go by the Cavs back in November, it was believed that he would eventually be a likely contender for the position in L.A.
Now, with the offseason upon us and James not competing in the postseason for the first time in well over a decade, it looks like the Lakers will try to find out if Lue and James can repeat the same success they enjoyed in Cleveland.
Whether or not they will be able to improve their lackluster roster around James remains a mystery.