- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Tyronn Lue ‘Frontrunner’ to Land Lakers Head Coaching Job
- Updated: April 12, 2019
Ty Lue is a strong frontrunner for the Lakers coaching job, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 12, 2019
To those who are familiar with how Lakers star LeBron James operates, this report comes as little surprise.
For the better part of the 2018-19 season, it was assumed that Walton would eventually lose his job. Once Lue was let go by the Cavs back in November, it was believed that he would eventually be a likely contender for the position in L.A.
Now, with the offseason upon us and James not competing in the postseason for the first time in well over a decade, it looks like the Lakers will try to find out if Lue and James can repeat the same success they enjoyed in Cleveland.
Whether or not they will be able to improve their lackluster roster around James remains a mystery.