- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Collin Sexton Finishes Rookie Campaign in Same Class as Stephen Curry and Larry Bird
- Updated: April 10, 2019
In fact, the point guard’s statistical production put him in the same class as NBA legends Stephen Curry and Larry Bird.
.@CollinSexton02 finished 2018-19 w/ averages of 16.7 PTS, 40.2 3FG%, 83.9 FT%, 2.9 REB & 3.0 AST in 31.8 MIN. He became the 3rd rookie in @NBAHistory to average at least 16.0 PPG while shooting 40.0 3FG% & 80.0 FT% (Larry Bird 1979-80, Stephen Curry 2009-10) #NBAAllRookie1stTeam
— Cavs Official Notes (@CavsNotes) April 10, 2019
Sexton, 20, was the eighth overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. While the youngster struggled to find his groove early in the year, Sexton got into a rhythm after the All-Star break.
On top of 16.7 points, the point guard put up 3.0 assists and 2.9 rebounds per game this season. Perhaps the most encouraging, his scoring among rookies was only below rising stars Luka Doncic and Trae Young.
In addition to the elite class he got into with Bird and Curry, the University of Alabama product broke multiple Cavs records, including a franchise one held by superstar LeBron James. While it’s too early to compare the rookie to the four-time MVP, there’s no telling how high Sexton’s ceiling can be.