- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Multiple Members of Warriors Organization Say LeBron’s Game 1 of 2018 Finals Best They’ve Ever Seen
- Updated: March 13, 2019
A four-time MVP, James provided Cleveland with many amazing memories, including the 2015-16 NBA championship. And yet, some of his best performances came in losses.
That was certainly the case in the 2018 NBA Finals, when a heroic James performance almost led the Cavs to a Game 1 victory against the Golden State Warriors.
According to ESPN’s Zach Lowe, multiple members of the Warriors organization called James’ performance that night the best they’d ever seen.
“LeBron put forth perhaps his greatest playoff run ever last season, and almost won Game 1 of the 2018 Finals by himself,” Lowe wrote. “Multiple Golden State officials have told me it is the best game they have ever seen someone play in person. Last season still feels like a 4-1 Golden State win even if the Cavs steal Game 1.”
That’s high praise coming from Warriors officials, who watch MVPs Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant compete on a nightly basis.
James’ performance truly was exceptional that night. He had 51 points on 19-of-32 shooting, eight rebounds and eight assists.
While Cleveland ultimately lost, James’ heroics forced an overtime period on the road, against a team that had much more talent than the Cavs. It shouldn’t be forgotten.