- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
NBA Players React to LeBron James Reaching 8th Consecutive NBA Finals
- Updated: May 28, 2018
LeBron James reached the NBA Finals for the eighth straight time after leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to an epic 87-79 victory over the Boston Celtics on Sunday. The milestone almost did not come after the Cavs had trailed the Celtics 2-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference finals series.
Again displaying his sheer will to win, James spearheaded Cleveland’s comeback. He led the Cavs to win four of the next five games, including a masterful Game 7 victory at TD Garden.
Playing all 48 minutes, James pounced Boston with 35 points and 15 rebounds. The King narrowly missed a triple-double as he finished with nine assists. His efforts helped the Cavs snap the Celtics’ 10-game home winning streak in this year’s playoffs.
After the series-clinching win, current and former NBA players shared their thoughts on Twitter. They praised James for accomplishing another historic feat.
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) May 28, 2018
Wow Bron… ??
— Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) May 28, 2018
Amazing what Bron has been able to do… That’s tough
— Joel Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) May 28, 2018
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) May 28, 2018
LEBRON JAMES.!!!! BOY YOU SOMETHING ELSE.!!
— JAE CROWDER (@CJC9BOSS) May 28, 2018
Another NBA legend, Charles Oakley, also had something to say about James’ latest accomplishment.
Trust the body of work. The king did his thing. #kingjames
— Charles Oakley (@CharlesOakley34) May 28, 2018
All Hail to the KING!!!!!
— Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) May 28, 2018
— Kentavious C.P (@CaldwellPope) May 28, 2018
This last one is an interesting bit from Jeremy Lin.
Where’s Lebron in relation to MJ? Need help bc I really dont know the answer to this question
— Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) May 28, 2018
James reached the Finals four straight times with Miami from 2011 to 2014, winning two championships in the process. He did it again this time in Cleveland as the Cavs have not missed the Finals since he returned in 2015.
James led the Cavaliers to their first-ever NBA title back in 2016 against the defending champion Golden State Warriors.