- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Larry Drew Believes Kevin Love Gives These 2 Young Cavs Big Boost
- Updated: February 24, 2019
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) February 24, 2019
It’s hard to argue with Drew’s assertion when looking at the numbers. In the Cavs’ first game back from the All-Star break, Osman served as the team’s leading scorer with 19 points, five rebounds, and five assists. Love was the second leading scorer with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
In Saturday’s win over Memphis, Sexton was the Cavs’ second leading scorer behind Love. Sexton finished with 20 points, six rebounds, five assists, and two steals. Love finished with a monstrous 32 points and 12 rebounds despite playing just 26 minutes.
Love’s connection with these players despite playing few minutes together this season might be thanks to their positions. At the height of the Cavs’ powers in the last half decade, Love was used to playing alongside two transcendent talents with Kyrie Irving at the point guard position and LeBron James at the small forward position.
Those two positions just happen to be the two that Sexton and Osman currently start at.
Since Love’s return, the Cavs have seemed like a truly different team. Hopefully, they are able to finish the 2018-19 season strong to propel towards a more successful 2019-20 season.
Whatever success does come in the future, it will likely be on the backs of Love, Sexton, and Osman.