- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- Updated: February 15, 2019
On Friday, it was reported that the New Orleans Pelicans had decided to part ways with general manager Dell Demps, and it looks like former Cleveland Cavaliers GM David Griffin could be his replacement.
According to a report, Griffin is among the likely targets to fill the vacant role.
Griffin became the general manager for the Cavs in 2014, and it wasn’t long until he was welcoming LeBron James back to Cleveland.
Once James returned to the Cavs, Griffin was in win-now mode. It all ended in June 2017, however, when it was announced that Cavs owner Dan Gilbert would not be renewing Griffin’s contract with the team.
If Griffin were to join the Pelicans, he would likely have an opportunity to build from the bottom up. While the Pelicans currently have All-Star big man Anthony Davis on their roster, he is expected to be traded this offseason for a combination of young players and future assets.
Cavs fans know that Griffin would be a great candidate for any GM job. His ability to make moves to build a winning team were evident in the Cavs’ 2016 NBA Finals run.
If he does ultimately get the job in New Orleans, it will be fascinating to see how he decides to steer the ship.