- Larry Nance Jr. Explains Why Kobe Bryant’s Final Game More Meaningful to Him Than Cavs Championship
- Former Cavs Guard Says There’s ‘No Way’ LeBron James Eating Airplane Food Served in NBA’s Bubble
- Report: NBA Scout Explains Why 2nd NBA Bubble Is Crucial for Cavs’ Future
- Kevin Love Explains How Changing His Uniform During Halftime Helps Him Deal With Anxiety
- Kendrick Perkins Urges Pacers to Sign Former Cavs Guard to Replace Victor Oladipo
- Oddsmakers Predict Surprising NCAA Route for Bronny James
- Ultra-Rare LeBron James Rookie Card Expected to Sell for More Than $2 Million
- Report: Cavs Player Says He ‘Probably Won’t Play’ If NBA Creates 2nd Bubble
- Richard Jefferson Clowns LeBron James With Savage Comment After He Refers to Himself as King
- Report: Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have Found Their Way Back to One Another
Former NBA All-Star Says Duke Could Beat Cavs
- Updated: January 22, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are one of the least talent-rich rosters in the NBA right now, and on Tuesday, former NBA All-Star Paul Pierce explained why that lack of talent could result in a loss to Duke University.
Pierce laid out his argument on ESPN’s “The Jump,” and as much as it hurts to admit, he might have a point.
“Everybody thought I was tripping when I said that the Duke Blue Devils could beat the Cavs,” Pierce began. “Without Kevin Love. Without Kevin Love the Duke Blue Devils could beat the Cavs. Seriously.”
He was then asked to explain his bold claim. It became quite a bit less outlandish once he did that.
“Well, Duke’s top three players are already better than three players right now on the Cavs,” he said.
“They have three players that would start right now in Cleveland. Right now.”
In truth, even if the Cavs do not land the very top pick, but select within the top five, it is likely that a former Duke star could end up on the Cavs’ roster.
Whether or not fans agree with Pierce’s assertion, there is no doubt that some premier collegiate talent would be more than welcome in Cleveland.