- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Former NBA All-Star Says Duke Could Beat Cavs
- Updated: January 22, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are one of the least talent-rich rosters in the NBA right now, and on Tuesday, former NBA All-Star Paul Pierce explained why that lack of talent could result in a loss to Duke University.
Pierce laid out his argument on ESPN’s “The Jump,” and as much as it hurts to admit, he might have a point.
“Everybody thought I was tripping when I said that the Duke Blue Devils could beat the Cavs,” Pierce began. “Without Kevin Love. Without Kevin Love the Duke Blue Devils could beat the Cavs. Seriously.”
He was then asked to explain his bold claim. It became quite a bit less outlandish once he did that.
“Well, Duke’s top three players are already better than three players right now on the Cavs,” he said.
“They have three players that would start right now in Cleveland. Right now.”
In truth, even if the Cavs do not land the very top pick, but select within the top five, it is likely that a former Duke star could end up on the Cavs’ roster.
Whether or not fans agree with Pierce’s assertion, there is no doubt that some premier collegiate talent would be more than welcome in Cleveland.