- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
Former NBA All-Star Says Duke Could Beat Cavs
- Updated: January 22, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers are one of the least talent-rich rosters in the NBA right now, and on Tuesday, former NBA All-Star Paul Pierce explained why that lack of talent could result in a loss to Duke University.
Pierce laid out his argument on ESPN’s “The Jump,” and as much as it hurts to admit, he might have a point.
“Everybody thought I was tripping when I said that the Duke Blue Devils could beat the Cavs,” Pierce began. “Without Kevin Love. Without Kevin Love the Duke Blue Devils could beat the Cavs. Seriously.”
He was then asked to explain his bold claim. It became quite a bit less outlandish once he did that.
“Well, Duke’s top three players are already better than three players right now on the Cavs,” he said.
“They have three players that would start right now in Cleveland. Right now.”
In truth, even if the Cavs do not land the very top pick, but select within the top five, it is likely that a former Duke star could end up on the Cavs’ roster.
Whether or not fans agree with Pierce’s assertion, there is no doubt that some premier collegiate talent would be more than welcome in Cleveland.