- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Report: Cavs Receiving ‘Exploratory’ Trade Calls for Kevin Love
- Updated: December 20, 2018
According to Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, the Cavs have received exploratory calls for Love:
With superstar LeBron James no longer in Cleveland, Love was expected to take the reins and be the team’s best player. However, the 30-year-old got injured and had surgery on his left toe in early November. Despite playing in just four games this season, Love is averaging 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.
Not only has the injury lowered Love’s trade value, but it’s derailed the Cavs’ playoff hopes. Without their leading scorer in Love, the Cavs have become one of the worst teams in the league and have fully embraced their youth. In addition, the shift to focusing on the youngsters has led to multiple veterans, such as George Hill and Kyle Korver, being traded.
While Love has expressed his interest in wanting to stay in Cleveland, the Cavs are going to listen to offers since they’re not going to be competing anytime soon. In the aftermath of James of bolting for Los Angeles, the Cavs and Love agreed to a four-year contract extension during the offseason worth $120 million.