- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Cavs Receiving ‘Exploratory’ Trade Calls for Kevin Love
- Updated: December 20, 2018
According to Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, the Cavs have received exploratory calls for Love:
With superstar LeBron James no longer in Cleveland, Love was expected to take the reins and be the team’s best player. However, the 30-year-old got injured and had surgery on his left toe in early November. Despite playing in just four games this season, Love is averaging 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.
Not only has the injury lowered Love’s trade value, but it’s derailed the Cavs’ playoff hopes. Without their leading scorer in Love, the Cavs have become one of the worst teams in the league and have fully embraced their youth. In addition, the shift to focusing on the youngsters has led to multiple veterans, such as George Hill and Kyle Korver, being traded.
While Love has expressed his interest in wanting to stay in Cleveland, the Cavs are going to listen to offers since they’re not going to be competing anytime soon. In the aftermath of James of bolting for Los Angeles, the Cavs and Love agreed to a four-year contract extension during the offseason worth $120 million.