- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Report: Matthew Dellavedova to Make Cavs Debut Tonight vs. Bucks
- Updated: December 10, 2018
OK, so, Matthew Dellavedova will play tonight for his old team, against his old team. LD wasn’t sure if Delly would start. Rodney Hood (toe) was on the court for early work. He’s questionable. Clarkson (back) looked sore, but wasn’t ruled out either. Nwaba (knee) still out
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) December 10, 2018
Dellavedova, who has been a fan favorite ever since joining the Cavs as an undrafted rookie in 2013, was traded back to Cleveland on Dec. 7 as part of a three-team trade.
Although the Australian native is sure to receive rounds of applause from his former team’s fan base, there is no doubt that they will pale in comparison to the cheers Dellavedova will receive when he plays his first game at Quicken Loans Arena later this week.
So far this season, Dellavedova is averaging just 1.7 points and 2.4 assists in 8.1 minutes per game. While those stats certainly do not jump off the page, the five-year pro is sure to get an increased workload backing up rookie point guard Collin Sexton.
Hopefully, Dellavedova is able teach Sexton some of the toughness and grit that first endeared him to Cavs fans everywhere.