- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Matthew Dellavedova to Make Cavs Debut Tonight vs. Bucks
- Updated: December 10, 2018
OK, so, Matthew Dellavedova will play tonight for his old team, against his old team. LD wasn’t sure if Delly would start. Rodney Hood (toe) was on the court for early work. He’s questionable. Clarkson (back) looked sore, but wasn’t ruled out either. Nwaba (knee) still out
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) December 10, 2018
Dellavedova, who has been a fan favorite ever since joining the Cavs as an undrafted rookie in 2013, was traded back to Cleveland on Dec. 7 as part of a three-team trade.
Although the Australian native is sure to receive rounds of applause from his former team’s fan base, there is no doubt that they will pale in comparison to the cheers Dellavedova will receive when he plays his first game at Quicken Loans Arena later this week.
So far this season, Dellavedova is averaging just 1.7 points and 2.4 assists in 8.1 minutes per game. While those stats certainly do not jump off the page, the five-year pro is sure to get an increased workload backing up rookie point guard Collin Sexton.
Hopefully, Dellavedova is able teach Sexton some of the toughness and grit that first endeared him to Cavs fans everywhere.