- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
Report: Matthew Dellavedova to Make Cavs Debut Tonight vs. Bucks
- Updated: December 10, 2018
OK, so, Matthew Dellavedova will play tonight for his old team, against his old team. LD wasn’t sure if Delly would start. Rodney Hood (toe) was on the court for early work. He’s questionable. Clarkson (back) looked sore, but wasn’t ruled out either. Nwaba (knee) still out
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) December 10, 2018
Dellavedova, who has been a fan favorite ever since joining the Cavs as an undrafted rookie in 2013, was traded back to Cleveland on Dec. 7 as part of a three-team trade.
Although the Australian native is sure to receive rounds of applause from his former team’s fan base, there is no doubt that they will pale in comparison to the cheers Dellavedova will receive when he plays his first game at Quicken Loans Arena later this week.
So far this season, Dellavedova is averaging just 1.7 points and 2.4 assists in 8.1 minutes per game. While those stats certainly do not jump off the page, the five-year pro is sure to get an increased workload backing up rookie point guard Collin Sexton.
Hopefully, Dellavedova is able teach Sexton some of the toughness and grit that first endeared him to Cavs fans everywhere.