- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Kevin Love Reveals When He Plans to Return for Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: December 3, 2018
According to a recent report by Joe Vardon of The Athletic, Love is already targeting a return:
“Kevin Love is targeting a mid-January return to the court from foot surgery, following a consultation Monday with Dr. Martin O’Malley in New York.”
A return in mid-January would put his recovery time at well over two months. While he was originally expected to be out at least six weeks, an absence of nearly twice that length now seems quite possible.
Still, it is good to see that he is nearing the home stretch of his rehabilitation. Love has only played four games in the 2018-19 season, but he averaged an impressive 19.0 points and 13.5 rebounds per game in those matchups. Now that the Cavs have seemingly figured out some aspects of their post-LeBron James identity, winning three of their last seven games, it will be interesting to see what kind of impact Love’s return has.
As the Cavs continue to embark on a season that they hope will end in a high draft picks, it will also be fascinating to see whether or not Love remains on the team through the rest of this campaign. While he is currently signed to multi-year deal, it has already been reported that he could potentially be on the move via trade.
Either way, what matters most is that Love is getting healthy. Hopefully the Cavs are able to add a few more wins to their record before he returns.