- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
Report: Cavs Update Cedi Osman’s Injury Status Prior to Saturday’s Game
- Updated: November 9, 2018
Coach Drew just confirmed that @cediosman, who left six minutes into Wednesday's game vs. OKC with back spasms, is out for tomorrow's contest in Chicago.
— Joe Gabriele (@CavsJoeG) November 9, 2018
Osman’s brief appearance during the 95-86 loss on Wednesday night saw him finish with just one rebound, while the second-year man also missed his only shot attempt of the night, a 3-pointer. His departure came just two nights after playing a season-high 42 minutes in the Cavaliers’ loss in Orlando.
During the Cavaliers’ first 11 games this season, Osman has served as the team’s starter at small forward. He entered this campaign having the difficult task of replacing LeBron James, who left the Cavs in July to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Osman is currently averaging 11.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.
As a rookie last year, Osman missed a stretch of games during the second half of the season because of an injured hip. There’s no indication exactly how long he’ll be out for the Cavaliers, who have dropped 10 of their first 11 games.