- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Report: Cedi Osman to Be Given Huge Responsibility for Cavs This Season
- Updated: October 8, 2018
It now appears that Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue is counting on Osman to be one of the primary aspects of the team’s defense.
— Scott @ WFNY (@WFNYScott) October 8, 2018
Osman has started each of the Cavaliers’ first three preseason contests in James’ old small forward spot. During his first season last year, he offered the team a player who was strong fundamentally and simply needed time to develop in order to make his mark. Along the way, he offered hints that his defensive capabilities would be an asset for a Cavs team that struggled on that side of the ball.
Rodney Hood is another player that’s looking to make an impact this year, though that largely stems from the fact that he can be an unrestricted free agent after the season. Throughout his NBA career, he’s had problems with consistency, but does have defensive skills to contribute. He may also see some time at forward during the campaign.
With that first season under his belt and the Cavaliers having reduced expectations this year, the pressure on Osman to deliver is lowered. That can only help him broaden his defensive skills, which will help slightly blunt the impact of the team having to deal with James’ absence for the year ahead.