- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
Cavs’ Projected Starting 5 and Ratings Revealed in NBA 2K19
- Updated: August 30, 2018
NBA fans are still over six weeks away from the opening night of the 2018-19 NBA season, but they will only have to wait just over a week for the release of the annual basketball video game, NBA 2K19, which is set to release on Sept. 11.
On Wednesday night, the excitement for the game’s release hit new levels when the projected starting five and ratings for a handful of teams appeared on the Internet.
— Tomer Azarly (@TomerAzarly) August 30, 2018
Perhaps more interesting than the ratings, which all seem quite fair, is the starting lineup.
Collin Sexton is projected to claim the starting point guard position over veteran George Hill according to the game. Cedi Osman is expected to run with the first rotation at the the small forward position. Tristan Thompson is projected to play as the starting center, and Kevin Love is expected back at his natural power forward position.
It is an exciting starting lineup if only for the fact that there is so much youth and untapped potential. Sexton has been pegged as one of the favorites to win the Rookie of the Year award, and Osman will have an opportunity to prove what he’s learned from working out with some of the best small forwards in the league this offseason.
The Cavs’ 2K19 lineup won’t be world-beaters, and it is unlikely that the real-life squad will be much more dangerous. Still, these ratings show a solid team filled with both veteran leadership and youthful exuberance.
Considering all the changes and drama this organization has been through over the last 12 months, that sounds like more than enough to look forward to in the 2018-19 NBA season.