- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
J.R. Smith’s Game 1 Jersey From NBA Finals Sells For Insane Price
- Updated: June 22, 2018
Smith infamously committed a costly blunder in the Cavs’ heartbreaking defeat when he dribbled out the clock with seconds remaining in the game. The contest ultimately ended in an overtime defeat for the Cavs.
While Smith would likely prefer to erase the entire game from his memory, one fan evidently felt very differently.
According to TMZ Sports, an unidentified individual paid a jaw-dropping $23,548 for the jersey that Smith wore during Game 1 of the finals.
“ICYMI — the bidding started at $620 … but things started heating up on the final day of bidding, with the number reaching around $11k … then DOUBLING before the auction closed,” TMZ reported.
Smith’s Game 1 miscue was definitely the talk of the basketball world when it first happened. When the Cavs ultimately lost the series in a four-game sweep, however, it became quite clear that Smith was not solely to blame for his team’s defeat. Considering that, it’s likely that the jersey will lose much of its monetary value very soon.
Here’s to hoping that the unidentified fan doesn’t experience any buyer’s remorse.