- Multiple Cavs Players Come to Rich Paul’s Defense After Controversial NCAA Decision
- Report: Cavs Add Levi Randolph and Malik Newman to Training Camp Roster
- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
J.R. Smith’s Game 1 Jersey From NBA Finals Sells For Insane Price
- Updated: June 22, 2018
Smith infamously committed a costly blunder in the Cavs’ heartbreaking defeat when he dribbled out the clock with seconds remaining in the game. The contest ultimately ended in an overtime defeat for the Cavs.
While Smith would likely prefer to erase the entire game from his memory, one fan evidently felt very differently.
According to TMZ Sports, an unidentified individual paid a jaw-dropping $23,548 for the jersey that Smith wore during Game 1 of the finals.
“ICYMI — the bidding started at $620 … but things started heating up on the final day of bidding, with the number reaching around $11k … then DOUBLING before the auction closed,” TMZ reported.
Smith’s Game 1 miscue was definitely the talk of the basketball world when it first happened. When the Cavs ultimately lost the series in a four-game sweep, however, it became quite clear that Smith was not solely to blame for his team’s defeat. Considering that, it’s likely that the jersey will lose much of its monetary value very soon.
Here’s to hoping that the unidentified fan doesn’t experience any buyer’s remorse.