- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Cavs Rumors: Only One Thing Can Keep LeBron James in Cleveland This Summer
- Updated: June 8, 2018
Whether it’s to play alongside his close friend Chris Paul on the Houston Rockets, to help groom the talented youngsters on the Philadelphia 76ers, or to continue growing his massive brand off the court with the Los Angeles Lakers, it is hard to deny that there are more attractive places for James to play than the Cavs. However, according to the New York Times‘ Marc Stein, there is one thing that could keep James in the Wine and Gold.
On Friday, Stein reported that James’ own family is the only thing that can convince James to re-sign with the Cavs:
“Those privy to James’s thinking say that at this stage, pleading from family members appears to be the only force that could persuade him to extend his second stint with the Cavs and resist the opportunity to switch teams, as he did in 2010 and again in 2014.”
The fact that James’ family will play a large role in where he decides to sign is far from a new revelation. Back in April, the four-time MVP admitted that his wife and children will impact his final decision:
“My family. That’s all that matters,” James told Cleveland.com. “I want to continue to win at the highest level, because I know I can still do it as an individual, and then my family. My family is what’s most important to me, more than anything.”
Just like James, his wife Savannah is an Akron-native and has deep roots in Northeast Ohio. Not only that, their oldest son, LeBron James Jr., is just one school year away from potentially playing basketball at Akron’s St. Vincent-St. Mary’s, the same school that his father first gained attention as a basketball player.
With several signs pointing to a possible James departure this offseason, perhaps now is the time to look back and simply appreciate that years of greatness that Cleveland fans have enjoyed thanks to him. From the MVP seasons, to unforgettable moments, to winning an NBA championship, James has done more for Cleveland than perhaps any other athlete ever. His legacy is secure.
Hopefully he and his family decide that he should continue his legacy right here in Cleveland.