- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
Report: ESPN Insider Says LeBron Played With Broken Right Hand After Game 1 Loss
- Updated: June 8, 2018
Following the conclusion of Game 4 of the 2018 NBA Finals on Friday night, a jaw-dropping revelation came to light regarding LeBron James‘ health throughout much of the series.
Windhorst says the injury was so serious after Game 1 it was undetermined if it was a break.
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) June 9, 2018
LeBron James: “I pretty much played the last three games with a broken hand”
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) June 9, 2018
.@WindhorstESPN reports that LeBron James played the last three games of these #NBAFinals with what was essentially a broken right hand after punching a blackboard after the Game 1 loss at the #Warriors. #WhateverItTakes pic.twitter.com/WrOp5EJOh9
— Omar Moore (@popcornreel) June 9, 2018
This is a truly remarkable report. Not only does it show the true level of frustration James felt following the Game 1 defeat, it also helps explain his less-than inspiring shooting performances in the rest of the series.
After scoring 51 points and shooting 3-of-7 from beyond the arc in Game 1, James managed to surpass 30 points just once in the following three games, and went 3-of-11 from the three-point line in the rest of the series.
His injury will be something to keep an eye on going forward. While it certainly will not impact anything regarding his much-anticipated free agency, it will be fascinating to see what the extent of this secret injury truly was.