- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: ESPN Insider Says LeBron Played With Broken Right Hand After Game 1 Loss
- Updated: June 8, 2018
Following the conclusion of Game 4 of the 2018 NBA Finals on Friday night, a jaw-dropping revelation came to light regarding LeBron James‘ health throughout much of the series.
Windhorst says the injury was so serious after Game 1 it was undetermined if it was a break.
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) June 9, 2018
LeBron James: “I pretty much played the last three games with a broken hand”
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) June 9, 2018
.@WindhorstESPN reports that LeBron James played the last three games of these #NBAFinals with what was essentially a broken right hand after punching a blackboard after the Game 1 loss at the #Warriors. #WhateverItTakes pic.twitter.com/WrOp5EJOh9
— Omar Moore (@popcornreel) June 9, 2018
This is a truly remarkable report. Not only does it show the true level of frustration James felt following the Game 1 defeat, it also helps explain his less-than inspiring shooting performances in the rest of the series.
After scoring 51 points and shooting 3-of-7 from beyond the arc in Game 1, James managed to surpass 30 points just once in the following three games, and went 3-of-11 from the three-point line in the rest of the series.
His injury will be something to keep an eye on going forward. While it certainly will not impact anything regarding his much-anticipated free agency, it will be fascinating to see what the extent of this secret injury truly was.