- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
Channing Frye’s Immediate Reaction to Cavs Advancing to 4th Straight NBA Finals
- Updated: May 27, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers advanced to their fourth consecutive NBA Finals with a thrilling 87-79 victory over the Boston Celtics. One of the many viewers watching the game on television was a member of the 2016 title-winning Cavs team, Channing Frye, who was traded in February but remains close to his former teammates. Immediately after the game, he used social media to express his thoughts about the win.
Who in the world can hate now lord have mercy, teammate, friend or not this is ridiculous
Though Frye didn’t mention any particular player, it’s obvious he was impressed with yet another standout performance by LeBron James. Playing all 48 minutes, James scored 35 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for a double-double. He narrowly missed making that a triple-double by dishing out nine assists.
Frye’s cryptic remark was also likely a tribute to the Cavaliers fighting back from the 2-0 deficit, along with having to win in Boston in a Game 7. Up until Sunday night’s loss, the Celtics had yet to lose at home in this postseason and have a storied legacy with their array of NBA championships.