- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
- Collin Sexton reveals inspiring message Dwyane Wade gave him during jersey swap
- Report: Cavs putting ‘large focus’ on improving defense this offseason
- Former Cavs star reveals sleeper who he thinks is ‘best’ point guard in 2020 draft class
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
Channing Frye’s Immediate Reaction to Cavs Advancing to 4th Straight NBA Finals
- Updated: May 27, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers advanced to their fourth consecutive NBA Finals with a thrilling 87-79 victory over the Boston Celtics. One of the many viewers watching the game on television was a member of the 2016 title-winning Cavs team, Channing Frye, who was traded in February but remains close to his former teammates. Immediately after the game, he used social media to express his thoughts about the win.
Who in the world can hate now lord have mercy, teammate, friend or not this is ridiculous
Though Frye didn’t mention any particular player, it’s obvious he was impressed with yet another standout performance by LeBron James. Playing all 48 minutes, James scored 35 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for a double-double. He narrowly missed making that a triple-double by dishing out nine assists.
Frye’s cryptic remark was also likely a tribute to the Cavaliers fighting back from the 2-0 deficit, along with having to win in Boston in a Game 7. Up until Sunday night’s loss, the Celtics had yet to lose at home in this postseason and have a storied legacy with their array of NBA championships.