- Cavs News: Jordan Clarkson Signs With Rich Paul and Klutch Sports
- Report: Cavs Turned Down Multiple J.R. Smith Offers That Would Have Netted 1st-Round Pick
- Report: J.R. Smith and Kyle Korver Expected to Sign With Lakers
- Koby Altman Offers High Praise for Dylan Windler
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
- Larry Nance Jr. Thinks It’s Hilarious That Lakers Are Interested in D’Angelo Russell Again
Channing Frye’s Immediate Reaction to Cavs Advancing to 4th Straight NBA Finals
- Updated: May 27, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers advanced to their fourth consecutive NBA Finals with a thrilling 87-79 victory over the Boston Celtics. One of the many viewers watching the game on television was a member of the 2016 title-winning Cavs team, Channing Frye, who was traded in February but remains close to his former teammates. Immediately after the game, he used social media to express his thoughts about the win.
Who in the world can hate now lord have mercy, teammate, friend or not this is ridiculous
Though Frye didn’t mention any particular player, it’s obvious he was impressed with yet another standout performance by LeBron James. Playing all 48 minutes, James scored 35 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for a double-double. He narrowly missed making that a triple-double by dishing out nine assists.
Frye’s cryptic remark was also likely a tribute to the Cavaliers fighting back from the 2-0 deficit, along with having to win in Boston in a Game 7. Up until Sunday night’s loss, the Celtics had yet to lose at home in this postseason and have a storied legacy with their array of NBA championships.