- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
Report: Sources Reveal Insane Reason J.R. Smith Was Suspended
- Updated: March 2, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ decision to suspend veteran guard J.R. Smith for one game on Thursday came without warning and with little clarification about the reason behind the decision. The only explanation was that Smith was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, but less than 24 hours later, the reason behind the discipline has apparently emerged.
Citing multiple team sources, Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN wrote that Smith was suspended for throwing soup at assistant coach Damon Jones. No further information was disclosed on the incident.
Smith will be back in the lineup for the Cavaliers’ Saturday night game against the the Denver Nuggets and resume his spot in the team’s starting lineup.