- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Sources Reveal Insane Reason J.R. Smith Was Suspended
- Updated: March 2, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ decision to suspend veteran guard J.R. Smith for one game on Thursday came without warning and with little clarification about the reason behind the decision. The only explanation was that Smith was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, but less than 24 hours later, the reason behind the discipline has apparently emerged.
Citing multiple team sources, Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN wrote that Smith was suspended for throwing soup at assistant coach Damon Jones. No further information was disclosed on the incident.
Smith will be back in the lineup for the Cavaliers’ Saturday night game against the the Denver Nuggets and resume his spot in the team’s starting lineup.