- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
- J.R. Smith Writes Emotional Post Honoring Memory of Best Friend
Report: Sources Reveal Insane Reason J.R. Smith Was Suspended
- Updated: March 2, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ decision to suspend veteran guard J.R. Smith for one game on Thursday came without warning and with little clarification about the reason behind the decision. The only explanation was that Smith was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, but less than 24 hours later, the reason behind the discipline has apparently emerged.
Citing multiple team sources, Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN wrote that Smith was suspended for throwing soup at assistant coach Damon Jones. No further information was disclosed on the incident.
Smith will be back in the lineup for the Cavaliers’ Saturday night game against the the Denver Nuggets and resume his spot in the team’s starting lineup.