- Cavs Star Kevin Love Reacts to the Death of His Godfather Wes Unseld
- Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love and Other Cavs Players Unite in Support of Black Lives Matter
- J.R. Smith Says Cavs Told Him ‘One Person Doesn’t Define Our Team’ After LeBron James Left
- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
Report: Sources Reveal Insane Reason J.R. Smith Was Suspended
- Updated: March 2, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ decision to suspend veteran guard J.R. Smith for one game on Thursday came without warning and with little clarification about the reason behind the decision. The only explanation was that Smith was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, but less than 24 hours later, the reason behind the discipline has apparently emerged.
Citing multiple team sources, Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN wrote that Smith was suspended for throwing soup at assistant coach Damon Jones. No further information was disclosed on the incident.
Smith will be back in the lineup for the Cavaliers’ Saturday night game against the the Denver Nuggets and resume his spot in the team’s starting lineup.