- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Sources Reveal Insane Reason J.R. Smith Was Suspended
- Updated: March 2, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ decision to suspend veteran guard J.R. Smith for one game on Thursday came without warning and with little clarification about the reason behind the decision. The only explanation was that Smith was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, but less than 24 hours later, the reason behind the discipline has apparently emerged.
Citing multiple team sources, Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN wrote that Smith was suspended for throwing soup at assistant coach Damon Jones. No further information was disclosed on the incident.
Smith will be back in the lineup for the Cavaliers’ Saturday night game against the the Denver Nuggets and resume his spot in the team’s starting lineup.