- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Ben Simmons Sends Out Cryptic Message in Regards to LeBron’s Free Agency
- Updated: February 18, 2018
The NBA’s biggest stars are enjoying the All-Star festivities in Los Angeles this weekend, and that seems to include a bit of free agency recruiting.
On Sunday morning, Philadelphia 76ers star point guard Ben Simmons took to Instagram to hint at his hopes of LeBron James leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers this offseason to sign with the 76ers as a free agent.
Simmons’ caption might not make much sense to the casual NBA fan, but a quick search reveals that at midnight on June 30, James will officially become a free agent.
Simmons’ sly attempt to recruit James to Philadelphia comes months after it was first reported that some executives around the league believe that the 76ers will make a concerted effort to bring the four-time MVP to the City of Brotherly Love this offseason.
While playing with young stars like Simmons and big man Joel Embiid would certainly be attractive for any star in the NBA, Philadelphia is not considered to be a serious contender to land James.
Lately, it seems not a week goes by without new reports regarding James’ future in the NBA. While it would certainly be nice to know what his future holds, the rumors are likely to only intensify as we edge closer and closer to the June 30 deadline.