- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Ben Simmons Sends Out Cryptic Message in Regards to LeBron’s Free Agency
- Updated: February 18, 2018
The NBA’s biggest stars are enjoying the All-Star festivities in Los Angeles this weekend, and that seems to include a bit of free agency recruiting.
On Sunday morning, Philadelphia 76ers star point guard Ben Simmons took to Instagram to hint at his hopes of LeBron James leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers this offseason to sign with the 76ers as a free agent.
Simmons’ caption might not make much sense to the casual NBA fan, but a quick search reveals that at midnight on June 30, James will officially become a free agent.
Simmons’ sly attempt to recruit James to Philadelphia comes months after it was first reported that some executives around the league believe that the 76ers will make a concerted effort to bring the four-time MVP to the City of Brotherly Love this offseason.
While playing with young stars like Simmons and big man Joel Embiid would certainly be attractive for any star in the NBA, Philadelphia is not considered to be a serious contender to land James.
Lately, it seems not a week goes by without new reports regarding James’ future in the NBA. While it would certainly be nice to know what his future holds, the rumors are likely to only intensify as we edge closer and closer to the June 30 deadline.