- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
George Hill’s Recent Comments to Tyronn Lue Will Inspire Cavs Fans
- Updated: February 14, 2018
For the Cleveland Cavaliers, the injection of fresh talent thanks to last week’s trades is an opportunity to right the ship on what has been an incredibly turbulent season. For the players that were sent to Cleveland, it is an opportunity to play alongside LeBron James and compete for an NBA championship.
All four players that were added to the roster last week came from teams that were on the outside looking in in regards to the current playoff standings. Now, they are on a team sitting comfortably at the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference, and get to take the court with the man who has advanced to seven straight NBA Finals.
Tu Lue says G Hill came to him when he joined the team and said “I’ll do whatever you want me to”
So far, Hill is averaging 9.5 points, 2.5 assists, and 2.0 rebounds per game with the Cavs. Much of why he was brought to the Cavs, however, was for his defensive acumen. In his first two games wearing the Wine and Gold, Hill held Kyrie Irving to 18 points and 1-of-7 shooting from beyond the arc, and held Russell Westbrook to 21 points on 7-of-19 shooting from the field.
There is no telling just how much this revamped Cavs team can achieve this season. It seems clear, however, that Hill is willing to do what ever is asked of him to try and help bring another NBA championship to the Land.