- Stephen Curry and Channing Frye Only Perimeter Players to Accomplish Incredible Feat
- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
NBA Insider Offers Insight Into What Midseason Moves Cavs Might Make
- Updated: December 29, 2017
As is the case with many of the top teams in the NBA, the Cleveland Cavaliers are always looking to improve their already talented roster. While the Cavs have been mentioned in several trade rumors this season, Basketball Insider’s Steve Kyler does not see them as a likely trade destination.
That does not necessarily mean, however, that they won’t be looking to add talent.
No trade at all. More likely to scoop up buyout guys like last year https://t.co/BBdCn56WSy
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) December 29, 2017
So far this season, Cleveland has been mentioned in trade rumors involving Eric Bledsoe, Greg Monroe, and DeMarcus Cousins to name a few. With one of the most expensive payrolls in the NBA, it makes sense why Kyler sees a trade as an unlikely option.
There have been recent reports, however, that Monroe may be bought out by the Phoenix Suns before the end of the season. If Monroe were to be bought out by the Suns, he would likely look to sign with a serious contender. There are few teams in the NBA who can be considered more of a contender than the Cavaliers, and if Monroe were to join them it would be a home run midseason acquisition.
According to Kyler, this kind of signing doesn’t seem out of the question. All fans have to do now is wait.