- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
NBA Insider Offers Insight Into What Midseason Moves Cavs Might Make
- Updated: December 29, 2017
As is the case with many of the top teams in the NBA, the Cleveland Cavaliers are always looking to improve their already talented roster. While the Cavs have been mentioned in several trade rumors this season, Basketball Insider’s Steve Kyler does not see them as a likely trade destination.
That does not necessarily mean, however, that they won’t be looking to add talent.
No trade at all. More likely to scoop up buyout guys like last year https://t.co/BBdCn56WSy
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) December 29, 2017
So far this season, Cleveland has been mentioned in trade rumors involving Eric Bledsoe, Greg Monroe, and DeMarcus Cousins to name a few. With one of the most expensive payrolls in the NBA, it makes sense why Kyler sees a trade as an unlikely option.
There have been recent reports, however, that Monroe may be bought out by the Phoenix Suns before the end of the season. If Monroe were to be bought out by the Suns, he would likely look to sign with a serious contender. There are few teams in the NBA who can be considered more of a contender than the Cavaliers, and if Monroe were to join them it would be a home run midseason acquisition.
According to Kyler, this kind of signing doesn’t seem out of the question. All fans have to do now is wait.