- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
- Report: Cavs Haven’t Talked About Contract Extension With Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs ‘Thrilled’ About Progression of Darius Garland
- Larry Nance Jr. Mercilessly Roasts Kyle Kuzma in Latest Social Media Post
- Report: Cavs Have Grown Closer After John Beilein Called Players ‘Thugs’
NBA Insider Offers Insight Into What Midseason Moves Cavs Might Make
- Updated: December 29, 2017
As is the case with many of the top teams in the NBA, the Cleveland Cavaliers are always looking to improve their already talented roster. While the Cavs have been mentioned in several trade rumors this season, Basketball Insider’s Steve Kyler does not see them as a likely trade destination.
That does not necessarily mean, however, that they won’t be looking to add talent.
No trade at all. More likely to scoop up buyout guys like last year https://t.co/BBdCn56WSy
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) December 29, 2017
So far this season, Cleveland has been mentioned in trade rumors involving Eric Bledsoe, Greg Monroe, and DeMarcus Cousins to name a few. With one of the most expensive payrolls in the NBA, it makes sense why Kyler sees a trade as an unlikely option.
There have been recent reports, however, that Monroe may be bought out by the Phoenix Suns before the end of the season. If Monroe were to be bought out by the Suns, he would likely look to sign with a serious contender. There are few teams in the NBA who can be considered more of a contender than the Cavaliers, and if Monroe were to join them it would be a home run midseason acquisition.
According to Kyler, this kind of signing doesn’t seem out of the question. All fans have to do now is wait.