- LeBron James shares how much he misses Tristan Thompson after linking up with him
- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert to Miss 5-7 Days With Knee Soreness
- Updated: October 31, 2017
The injury bug has bitten the Cleveland Cavaliers once again.
On Tuesday, the team announced that guard Iman Shumpert is expected to be out five to seven days while he undergoes treatment for soreness in his right knee. The team added that his status will be updated next week:
“Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert has experienced increased right knee soreness over the past few days, including pregame of the Cavs’ Sunday night contest against the Knicks. Imaging yesterday at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health revealed no structural damage.”
Shumpert had played in all six games leading up to Sunday’s matchup against the New York Knicks. In those six games he had averaged 6.0 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 1.0 assists in 18.2 minutes per game.
With Isaiah Thomas still nursing his ankle injury, it will be quite some time before the Cavs are fully healthy. While none have proven to be serious, the early-season injuries to Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, and now Shumpert have certainly added to the team’s struggles.
Despite Shumpert’s absence, the Cavs will look to bounce back from their current three-game losing streak in their Wednesday night game against the Indiana Pacers.