- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert to Miss 5-7 Days With Knee Soreness
- Updated: October 31, 2017
The injury bug has bitten the Cleveland Cavaliers once again.
On Tuesday, the team announced that guard Iman Shumpert is expected to be out five to seven days while he undergoes treatment for soreness in his right knee. The team added that his status will be updated next week:
“Cavaliers guard Iman Shumpert has experienced increased right knee soreness over the past few days, including pregame of the Cavs’ Sunday night contest against the Knicks. Imaging yesterday at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health revealed no structural damage.”
Shumpert had played in all six games leading up to Sunday’s matchup against the New York Knicks. In those six games he had averaged 6.0 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 1.0 assists in 18.2 minutes per game.
With Isaiah Thomas still nursing his ankle injury, it will be quite some time before the Cavs are fully healthy. While none have proven to be serious, the early-season injuries to Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, and now Shumpert have certainly added to the team’s struggles.
Despite Shumpert’s absence, the Cavs will look to bounce back from their current three-game losing streak in their Wednesday night game against the Indiana Pacers.