- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
Derrick Rose Reacts to LeBron James’ Incredible Opening Night Performance
- Updated: October 18, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ opening night game against the Boston Celtics was a nail-biter until the very end. While many players put forth solid performances, LeBron James played the biggest part in the Cavs’ victory with a monster stat line of 29 points, 16 rebounds, nine assists, and two blocks in 41 minutes of play.
Following the game, Cavs point guard Derrick Rose was asked about James’ impressive game and he made it clear that it wasn’t all that surprising to those who know what James is capable of.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 18, 2017
Rose had a productive game in his own right with 14 points, four rebounds, and two assists in Tuesday’s game.
The Cavs certainly showed room for improvement in their season-opener. After starting the game in impressive fashion, they let the Celtics claw back from a double-digit halftime deficit before finally retaking control in the final minutes.
While the Cavaliers will likely endure further growing pains as the season progresses, Rose’s simple response proves that as long as James is leading the Cavs, they have a shot against anyone on any given night.