- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Derrick Rose Reacts to LeBron James’ Incredible Opening Night Performance
- Updated: October 18, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ opening night game against the Boston Celtics was a nail-biter until the very end. While many players put forth solid performances, LeBron James played the biggest part in the Cavs’ victory with a monster stat line of 29 points, 16 rebounds, nine assists, and two blocks in 41 minutes of play.
Following the game, Cavs point guard Derrick Rose was asked about James’ impressive game and he made it clear that it wasn’t all that surprising to those who know what James is capable of.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 18, 2017
Rose had a productive game in his own right with 14 points, four rebounds, and two assists in Tuesday’s game.
The Cavs certainly showed room for improvement in their season-opener. After starting the game in impressive fashion, they let the Celtics claw back from a double-digit halftime deficit before finally retaking control in the final minutes.
While the Cavaliers will likely endure further growing pains as the season progresses, Rose’s simple response proves that as long as James is leading the Cavs, they have a shot against anyone on any given night.